Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Residents frustrated by lack of Information, participation from developers of Holland wind projectThe lack of information from developer David Blittersdorf, consultants or the farmers left residents, Holland property owners and wind opponents from neighboring towns including Albany, Craftsbury, Lowell and Newark to seek answers from each other and anti-wind experts. And it clearly led to a nearly unanimous straw vote by a show of hands in opposition to t […]
- Local wind farms prompt referendums in 2 townshipsVoters in Bridgehampton and Marion townships will decide if recent zoning amendments related to proposed wind farm developments should be approved or rescinded. Citizens in both townships placed the zoning changes on the Aug. 2 primary ballot through referendum petitions.
- Enforcement prompts eagle permit requests“Right now I could authorize the taking of seven bald eagles without mitigation,” said Beeler, and that is for the entire region. “Golden eagles are set at zero, so we cannot authorize any taking without mitigation.”
- Sparks fly at Saline County meeting"And why am I furious? Because my house is here, and now there's going to be a wind turbine right here. And I don't want to look at it, I don't want to see this all the time, I don't want to hear it." Other residents voiced concerns that the turbines ...would lower their property values, hurt the environment and even pose health […]
- Saline County approves permit for wind farmChristine McClain and her husband, Gary, bought land five months ago and spent their savings building a new home that will now be flanked by turbines. She said her dreams of a peaceful life in the country have been ruined. “Had I known this was going to happen, I would not have purchased my property. I’m furious."
- Residents frustrated by lack of Information, participation from developers of Holland wind project
Category Archives: Wind Turbine
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading