Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- Residents frustrated by lack of information, participation from developers of Holland wind project #VT
- Collector village in a spin over wind farm development #AUS
- Falmouth board OKs mediation to resolve turbine lawsuits #MA
- Saline County approves permit for wind farm #NE
- Tule Wind Project takes another step; Construction starts in September but opposition group fights on #CA
- Sparks fly at Saline County meeting"And why am I furious? Because my house is here, and now there's going to be a wind turbine right here. And I don't want to look at it, I don't want to see this all the time, I don't want to hear it." Other residents voiced concerns that the turbines ...would lower their property values, hurt the environment and even pose health […]
- Saline County approves permit for wind farmChristine McClain and her husband, Gary, bought land five months ago and spent their savings building a new home that will now be flanked by turbines. She said her dreams of a peaceful life in the country have been ruined. “Had I known this was going to happen, I would not have purchased my property. I’m furious."
- Falmouth board OKs mediation to resolve turbine lawsuitsThe town will begin talks with neighbors of two municipal wind turbines in an attempt to find a solution to the nine lawsuits pending in various courts over the operation of the machines.
- Mexico’s Wind Farms Brought Prosperity, but Not for EveryoneMexican and foreign energy companies have paid off local power brokers to bring landowners on board, according to lawyers and activists. Yet in some cases, money they had donated for social projects evaporated in the hands of municipal officials. “We’ve had years of wind projects, but poverty is the same.”
- San Diego cancels projects for troubled solar firmMore projects could be terminated under the 2015 agreement as soon as next month. "SunEdison has failed to meet schedule and contract deadlines stated in the contract," says a July 6 letter from the city's Environmental Services Department to the solar provider.
- Sparks fly at Saline County meeting
Category Archives: TBNewsWatch
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Thursday August 22, 2013 6pm – 8pm Neebing Roadhouse EAT IN OR TAKE OUT BURGERS, SALADS AND DESSERTS Vegetarian Burgers Available Upon Request $20.00 per person $10.00 per child 10 & under Cash Only ATM Available, Gratuities Not Included Additional … Continue reading
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Thunder Bay Atikokan PC Canadidate Fred Gilbert has issued the following press release we’d like to share with the masses. For immediate release: September 26, 2011 Liberals Cancel Mississauga Power Plant. Maybe it’s Time For Liberals to Stop the Proposed … Continue reading
The Nor’wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee today held a Media Conference outlining several concerns and issues relating to a very hot topic of debate: industrial wind turbines on the Nor’Westers. They have asked very specific questions directed at the local … Continue reading
More cracks beginning to show Simcoe – Locally, provincially and internationally, it seems the McGuinty government’s unaffordable, unaccountable green energy program is falling apart on all fronts. This week, the local branch of Wind Concerns Ontario has announced plans to … Continue reading