Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Queen Anne's County letter regarding APEX Mills Branch wind proposalThis letter, sent to the Kent County, Maryland County Commissioners, captures the position of the Queen Anne's County Commissioners regarding APEX's Mills Branch wind energy proposal. The letter is provided below in full. It can also be accessed by clicking the links on this page.
- Lawsuits entangle solar developmentA Boston electrical contracting firm that claims it is owed nearly $3 million in fees for work on 18 solar projects on Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard has filed lawsuits in Barnstable Superior Court against the developers and financial backer of the installations.
- Buchanan County Supervisor deny rezoning requestAt 9:30 a.m. the public hearing regarding the Thomas and Kimberly Rourke rezoning request was held, to rezone 89 acres in Sections 6 & 7, Fairbank Township from A1 agricultural to A2 agricultural for the purpose of constructing three small wind turbines for a small wind energy development. ...most residents that were present for the hearing agreed with t […]
- Wind developer plans Logan, Sangamon County projectsAmerican Wind Energy Management also has significantly scaled back its Sangamon County project from 200 turbines first envisioned in 2009 to about a dozen in the first phase of construction.
- Study predicts bird deaths at wind farmsIt can be difficult to know exactly how many bird deaths a proposed wind farm may cause while it’s still under review, New said. The only way to know for sure is to build it and observe it, she said. But by then, it’s unlikely that the problem will be fixed. “You’re not going to take it down and move it if you’ve built it in the wrong place,” New said. […]
- Queen Anne's County letter regarding APEX Mills Branch wind proposal
Category Archives: Wind Turbine
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading