Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- VCE Annette Smith David Sleigh Press Conference Feb. 8, 2016Annette Smith, executive director and founder of Vermonters for a Clean Environment, conducted this press conference following notice that the Vermont Attorney General had initiated a criminal investigation into whether Ms. Smith was practicing law without a license. Minutes before the press conference was to begin, Ms. Smith was notified by her attorney, Da […]
- Vermont Attorney General declines to charge environmental activistThe attorney general's office has closed its criminal investigation of renewable energy critic Annette Smith, opting not to weigh in on whether she practiced law without a license because it said the only relevant case law is too outdated. In a news release Monday, Attorney General William Sorrell's office did not clearly exonerate Smith of accusat […]
- sPower racing clock to start on Pioneer Wind Park Salt Lake City-based sPower will need to start construction this week on the controversial $120 million Pioneer Wind Park project if it hopes to beat the Feb. 15 expiration date set by the Wyoming Industrial Siting Council. For its part, the company says the long-awaited project south of Glenrock will begin on time.
- Amid pushback, Minnesota solar developers expand stray voltage testingDevelopers of a Minnesota community solar garden have agreed to test for stray voltage on neighboring properties, a nod to opponents that could have implications for other projects. The Winona County Board of Commissioners recently approved two 5 megawatt (MW) community solar projects with the caveat. Jeffrey Broberg, a consultant to the project developer So […]
- Transmission line could affect rare species, says DNRClassified as an endangered species in Wisconsin, the phlox moth has been cataloged in five counties, including Jackson and Monroe. It relies on the downy phlox plant, which according to the DNR does not rapidly colonize new openings. The frosted elfin butterfly lives in similar habitats and is listed as threatened in the state.
- VCE Annette Smith David Sleigh Press Conference Feb. 8, 2016
Category Archives: Wind Turbine
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading