Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Report links Cape Bridgewater wind turbines to noise, ‘sensation’ levels
- Protesters speak out against wind turbines
- Owners of Scituate wind turbine have lost more than $45,000 so far beacuse of software glitch
- State explores changes in threshold for noise from wind projects
- Ocean environmentalists wary of wind energy leases
- State offering $250 million in funding for clean energy projectsA recent Public Service Commission (PSC) Order instructed NYSERDA to issue at least one more RPS solicitation in 2015, and double the length of current contract terms to 20 years.
- A 'symbol of embarrassment' could be spinning again in PortsmouthThe wind turbine at Portsmouth High School that has sat idle since its gearbox broke in May 2012 could be spinning again within three to six months, ending what Governor Chafee said Monday has been one of a few “symbols of embarrassment” in the state that bother him.
- Software glitch costs owners of Scituate wind turbine $45,000As the 131-foot-long blades of the wind turbine on the Driftway sit motionless, an executive of Scituate Wind LLC said the company has lost more than $45,000 since the machine stopped working on June 26. ..."they’re talking to people in Beijing to get things fixed. They’ve been trouble shooting, but haven’t been able to figure out what the problem is.” […]
- Dixfield selectmen approve warrant for town meeting on wind energy moratoriumThe Board of Selectmen voted 4-1 Monday evening to approve a warrant for a special town meeting where residents will vote on whether to enact a 180-day wind energy facility moratorium.
- Protesters speak out against wind turbinesA group of protesters who believe noise from industrial wind turbines is damaging to human health brought their message to the capital Tuesday.
- State offering $250 million in funding for clean energy projects
Category Archives: Wind Turbine
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading
An appeal surrounding the province’s decision to grant Dufferin Wind Power Inc. approval to build a 99 MW wind farm in Melancthon has evolved into a case of fundamental human rights. There is no might, could, or maybe about it, … Continue reading
THUNDER BAY – Editorial – The old growth Maple Forest on the Nor’Wester Mountains is facing a challenge. The Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment is the proposed site for a wind farm. Right now ‘tree trimming’ is underway. It appears more like … Continue reading
Several attempts have been made by citizens to obtain information pertaining to the planned Horizon Wind, however every attempt has been met with total silence. The only one willing to mention anything is our Mayor and even his answer is … Continue reading