Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- 'Wonderful Christmas present': Plans for 33-turbine windfarm scrapped"This news is a great success for the local protest movement – people whose lives have been blighted by the black cloud of destruction that has hung over their heads for years. The stress, fear and division will be lifted from Dyfnant area.
- Industry criticizes wind turbine report“The turbines that are proposed here are quite large,” she said. “The majority of the population here very clearly doesn’t want them. Put simply, if you were to buy your future home, given the choice, would you buy where you would have noise, shadow flicker, an industrial view, potential health issues caused by the turbines, and the possibility of a very dif […]
- Wind turbine fears discussed at preliminary hearing"We are really concerned at the fact that our small parcel of property is going to be surrounded by these wind turbines," she says. Atkins says because of her medical condition her physicians have advised her to stay away from "stress, wind and noise."
- Future of wind farms in Ohio is cloudyThe Ohio Power Siting Board has approved plans for another 764 commercial wind turbines, but state rule changes and federal tax policy have most of them in limbo now.
- Osage Nation request for injunctionThe Osage Nation has filed a request for injunctive relief involving violations of Enel Kansas LLC and the construction of wind turbine foundations on Osage lands without permission a license. A portion of the filing is excerpted below. The full filing can be accessed by clicking the links on this page.
- 'Wonderful Christmas present': Plans for 33-turbine windfarm scrapped
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading