Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- Zoned out: removing barriers to wind energy in Iowa #IA
- Councillor will ‘sleep well’ knowing wildlife is safe #WLS
- Head of Bay turbines arrival still mired in need for permits #MA
- Wind turbine company seeks Botetourt County’s approval for test towers #VA
- Struggle to stop wind turbine projects in North Stormont #ON
- Canberra urged to strip billions from windfarm subsidiesIn its recommendations, the committee says renewable energy subsidies for new wind farms should be limited to five years from more than 20. It also wants the issue of renewable energy certificates restricted to projects in states that adopt federal regulations on infrasound and low frequency noise.
- Frustrated Dutton/Dunwich residents pepper wind turbine reps with barrage of questions and criticism Invenergy claims it has countered all the residents' claims and at the public meeting brought a panel of its own experts to address questions on topics like health effects, impact on wildlife and engineering concerns. ...In a lot of cases, residents jeered responses or groaned in disgust.
- Some disturbing facts behind those ‘renewable’ wind turbinesVast acreages of land are being earmarked for the development of wind and solar projects. These aren’t mom & pop proposals to build rooftop panels or small windmills; instead, they are being planned and constructed on a scale that should stagger the sensibilities of anyone with an environmental conscience. It represents the wholesale destruction of vast […]
- County extends turbine moratorium on 4-3 voteThe extension will give officials more time to finish an overhaul of the 2010 wind energy ordinance. The new version will act as a more defined rule book developers must follow if they want to build projects in the county leading the state in the number of wind turbines, with 328.
- Partridge massacre of wind power plant in the bird sanctuaryWarning: This video is disturbing. This video shows a flock (dozen) of partridges which were pressed on the base of a wind turbine. The partridges flew with a tailwind over an elevated plain. It was impossible for the birds to dodge the wind turbine.
- Canberra urged to strip billions from windfarm subsidies
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading