Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- US renewables industry seeks tax breaks to compete with gasAlthough the cost of renewable energy was still falling, wind and solar power faced competition from unexpectedly cheap gas-fired generation. US natural gas prices have dropped from more than $12 per million British thermal units in 2008 to less than $2.80 today, and the futures market puts the price at less than $4.50 per mBTU as far out as 2025.
- Another reason to just say “No”Much of the scenic beauty for which Maine is so widely known will be despoiled. The stated 2,700-Megawatt goal of Maine’s Wind Energy Act would require as many as 1,500 wind turbines, each hundreds of feet tall, with accompanying access roads and new transmission lines, on up to 300 miles of Maine’s hills and mountains. Those transmission lines, to carry the […]
- Proposed Swanton wind project unnerves neighborsHis neighbors, including those in a nine-house development that Belisle built, aren’t so sure seven whirring turbines are the right thing for them. “It terrifies us,” said Christine Lang. ...She and other residents said they’ve heard about complaints that neighbors of other wind projects have had about noise and flickering shadows.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds PSC's wind farms rulingIn a 5-2 decision, the court upheld lower court rulings that determined a housing impact report did not need to be prepared before the PSC submitted its wind tower siting rules to the Legislature. State law requires agencies to prepare reports for any agency rules that "directly or substantially" affect development, construction or cost of housing. […]
- 3-2 vote denies certificate of convenience and necessity for Grain Belt ExpressThe Missouri Public Service Commission denied a crucial certificate for a multi-state wind-powered transmission line proposal that would pass through Ralls County if built.
- US renewables industry seeks tax breaks to compete with gas
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading