Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Mason County wind-farm lawsuit against Consumers Energy settled for 17 of 19 plaintiffsTerms of the settlement with the first 17 plaintiffs are confidential. The deal was reached over the weekend and entered on the record Monday, Oct. 20, heading off a trial for which a pool of jurors was already assembled in court.
- Vermont utilities could lose millions of dollars in energy creditsThe Legislature next session will decide whether electric utilities should be required to sell renewable energy to customers, rekindling a debate over the price Vermont consumers will pay to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. ...Under the state’s current voluntary goal, utilities are allowed to sell renewable power credits out of state to reduce electric rates […]
- Potential energy impacts of the EPA proposed clean power planThis report evaluates the potential energy market impacts and energy costs of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) proposed Clean Power Plan (CPP) to reduce carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions from existing power plants. EPA proposed the CPP in June 2014 as a nationwide regulation (to be implemented by the states) under Section 111(d) of the Clean Air […]
- Big crane topples at K2 wind farmWork stopped immediately at the site and hadn't resumed Thursday while a company investigation heard from all workers involved. The company is co-operating with the Ministry of Labour, Sheehan said in a follow-up e-mail. Construction on the 270 megawatt project involving 140 wind turbines began in July.
- Bill proposes adding wind industry to 'Right to Farm' Act“This is the most reckless wind energy proposal I have ever seen ...Rep. Irwin's bill would grant carte blanche siting freedom to utility scale wind developers. Township and county governments would be totally neutered with respect to enacting any regulations to protect their local environment, endangered species or their rural citizens.”
- Mason County wind-farm lawsuit against Consumers Energy settled for 17 of 19 plaintiffs
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading