Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Department of Defense: No turbines near the Naval Air Station Patuxent RiverThis letter, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Robert O. Work, concludes that the turbines proposed for Somerset County in Maryland will pose "a significant threat" to the "world-class stealth radar system" used at the Naval Air Station Patuxent River across the Chesapeake Bay. This is the first time the Department of Defense has found t […]
- Pentagon objects to Shore wind farmThe letter, signed by Deputy Defense Secretary Robert O. Work, does not elaborate. But Hoyer said Pentagon officials had concluded the turbines pose "a significant threat" to the "world-class stealth radar system" used at the base.
- Vote NO on Big WindThe debate is no longer about the fear of change or aesthetics. It’s about preserving the health, safety, and welfare of communities from developers hell-bent on sticking turbines on every free acre with transmission access no matter who’s in the way. More than twelve active lawsuits are pending against wind projects in as many states, and more are sure to f […]
- After Fukushima, Japan gets green boom — and glutJapan has been undergoing a green boom. It's now rapidly turning into a fiasco as the cost proves prohibitive and utilities anticipate putting some nuclear reactors, shuttered since the March 2011 Fukushima disaster, back online. The unfolding green glut in Japan echoes similar experiences in Germany and Spain.
- Wind turbines kill more birds of prey than shooting or poisoning’Wind turbines have killed more birds of prey in Scotland so far this year than deliberate poisoning or shooting, a government report has revealed. Four raptors were confirmed killed by the devices between January and June this year and a fifth bird – a golden eagle – was electrocuted by a power line.
- Department of Defense: No turbines near the Naval Air Station Patuxent River
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading