Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsiderToday, many of the same political leaders who initially welcomed the wind industry want to regulate it more tightly, even in red states like Oklahoma, where candidates regularly rail against government interference. The change of heart is happening as wind farms creep closer to more heavily populated areas.
- Belford Burn wind farm faces refusaPlans to build nine wind turbines at Belford Burn are being recommended for refusal by Northumberland County Council. The application by Energiekontor UK Ltd has attracted 500 letters of objection from local residents and just nine letters of support.
- Final city council vote on southside annexation delayedCaptain Mark McLaughlin is a consultant with the Department of Defense, and he appeared during public comment at Tuesday's council meeting, where they had planned a final vote on the southside annexation. McLaughlin said the base had problems with many of the current wind farms in the area, and he thinks the Chapman Ranch wind farm would create even mor […]
- Hassan's poor choices: Council should reject SEC names“If we truly want a member of the public on the committee, is a lawmaker considered a member of the public?’’ Of course not, which is why people who pushed for the new bill, including fellow legislators, are aghast at Hassan’s choices, even while noting they have nothing against either Odell, who would be the “public’’ member, or Merrill, who would serve as […]
- Developer granted permit for wind tower in AlexandriaAfter hearing an hour-long, spirited debate among about 60 residents at their meeting Tuesday night, the selectmen voted to grant a Portuguese wind-power developer a permit to build an 80-meter meteorological tower in town.
- A decade after welcoming wind, states reconsider
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading