Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Hassan names Odell, Merrill to committee that permits Northern Pass, wind projectsGov. Maggie Hassan has nominated Republican state Sen. Bob Odell and Democratic state Rep. Amanda Merrill to sit on the committee in charge of permitting Northern Pass and any future wind farms or pipeline projects in the state.
- Mexico: Researcher Raises Alert About Environmental Dangers of Wind FarmsIn a detailed interview, the biologist explained what the environmental impact reports omit: the real impacts on the flora and fauna of the Tehuantepec Isthmus. These negative impacts extend not only throughout Mexico, but also into the ecosystems of Central America. Mora even casts doubts about the way in which these environmental studies are conducted. […]
- Petition to investigate deceptive trade practices of Green Mountain Power in the marketing of renewable energy to Vermont consumersVermont citizens filed this petition with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) to investigate deceptive trade practices of Green Mountain Power (GMP), a Vermont utility. The complaint focuses on GMP marketing of renewable energy to Vermont consumers. The petition was filed by the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Clinic at Vermont Law School.
- Petition filed challenging Green Mountain Power’s renewable power claims“There’s a very simple rule. If a utility or a competitive power supplier is going to make green claims or renewable claims about the content of the energy that is sold to their customers that utility must retire the renewable energy credits in enough supply to back up those claims.”
- Resident harmed by windmills now on county planning commission which approved windmillsCary Shineldecker, the homeowner who warned his community that the margin of safety was inadequate at Lake Winds wind plant near Ludington, is now a member of the Mason County Planning Commission. This same commission initially failed to heed his warning but it has learned a lot since then.
- Hassan names Odell, Merrill to committee that permits Northern Pass, wind projects
Category Archives: Thunder Bay Wind
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
March 4, 2013 Doctors blow the whistle on wind turbines An impressive number of health practitioners, researchers, and acousticians around the world are voicing their concern about the effects of wind turbines on people’s health (1). The list was just … Continue reading
The Ottawa Citizen recently reported on the Association of Municipalities of Ontario (AMO) meetings in Ottawa August 18-23 and in particular the fact that 62 municipalities had declared themselves “unwilling hosts” to industrial wind turbines. Those 62 communities (now 65) … Continue reading