Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Wind energy company says rules may force it to nix plansMeanwhile, at least two Lancaster County commissioners said they are concerned proposed wind energy regulations they are to consider later this month won’t do enough to protect landowners from being negatively affected by wind turbines.
- Willow Creek wind project meets with oppositionA group of concerned citizens met in Newell, South Dakota Saturday to discuss a proposed wind farm in their area. Wind Quarry Operations LLC of Colorado has already filed an application with the South Dakota Public Utilities Commission (PUC) for the Willow Creek Wind Energy Facility.
- Federal court: Intent matters in migratory-bird deaths, ruling lessens companies' liabilityEnvironmental groups say the ruling by the 5th Circuit — which covers the energy-producing states of Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi — weakens the law's intent in some of the country's most crucial bird habitats; Texas leads the nation in wind energy production. The groups also say the ruling threatens the integrity of treaties signed with Great B […]
- Layoffs at SunEdison as investors question the renewable energy developer’s strategyWith its stock still under pressure, SunEdison is now culling its workforce. According to a company-wide memo from CEO Ahmad Chatila released on September 30, SunEdison will be laying off around 10 percent of its 7,300 employees. Many employees received notices on Friday.
- Firms fined over fatal wind blade accident at HarwichDenmark-based Siemens Windpower A/S and London firm Fluor Ltd were both fined. Mr Terp, 42, was crushed on 21 May 2010 at Harwich International Port. His colleague Mr Kroeger was airlifted to Addenbrooke's hospital in Cambridge with serious, life-changing injuries. The Health and Safety Executive said the accident "easily have been avoided"
- Wind energy company says rules may force it to nix plans
Category Archives: TBNewsWatch
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Thursday August 22, 2013 6pm – 8pm Neebing Roadhouse EAT IN OR TAKE OUT BURGERS, SALADS AND DESSERTS Vegetarian Burgers Available Upon Request $20.00 per person $10.00 per child 10 & under Cash Only ATM Available, Gratuities Not Included Additional … Continue reading
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Thunder Bay Atikokan PC Canadidate Fred Gilbert has issued the following press release we’d like to share with the masses. For immediate release: September 26, 2011 Liberals Cancel Mississauga Power Plant. Maybe it’s Time For Liberals to Stop the Proposed … Continue reading
The Nor’wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee today held a Media Conference outlining several concerns and issues relating to a very hot topic of debate: industrial wind turbines on the Nor’Westers. They have asked very specific questions directed at the local … Continue reading
More cracks beginning to show Simcoe – Locally, provincially and internationally, it seems the McGuinty government’s unaffordable, unaccountable green energy program is falling apart on all fronts. This week, the local branch of Wind Concerns Ontario has announced plans to … Continue reading