Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- Untitled“Both Consumers and its consultant should have known from past work on other projects that locating large, utility-scale wind turbines close to residential homes was likely to result in the type of litigation now in progress.”
- Proposed massive solar wind tower generates questionsThe tower will be as wide as four football fields at its base and would be the second-tallest structure in the world. It would sit directly across the border with Mexico and cover 100 acres of desert.
- Developers to clear 850,000 square meters of virgin forests on UNESCO nature reserve to make way for 700-foot turbinesGerman developers plan to install 60 wind turbines, each 700-foot tall, in one of Central Europe’s last remaining untouched regions, the Palantinate Forest, a UN designated natural monument.
- Groton Wind sound tests pass muster for committee“They say the sound isn’t a problem, but we have what sounds like the sound of a jet going over — that doesn’t stop — at our home every night,” said Phoebe Sanborn of North Groton Road, whose home is within a few hundred feet of five of the plant’s 24 turbine towers.
- Grassley files amendments to restore wind, biodiesel tax creditsSen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) said Monday that he had proposed amendments that would restore the tax credits for wind energy and biodiesel production. ...Grassley is not optimistic about his measures, because he does not expect Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) to allow any amendments to be considered.
Category Archives: TBNewsWatch
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Thursday August 22, 2013 6pm – 8pm Neebing Roadhouse EAT IN OR TAKE OUT BURGERS, SALADS AND DESSERTS Vegetarian Burgers Available Upon Request $20.00 per person $10.00 per child 10 & under Cash Only ATM Available, Gratuities Not Included Additional … Continue reading
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Thunder Bay Atikokan PC Canadidate Fred Gilbert has issued the following press release we’d like to share with the masses. For immediate release: September 26, 2011 Liberals Cancel Mississauga Power Plant. Maybe it’s Time For Liberals to Stop the Proposed … Continue reading
The Nor’wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee today held a Media Conference outlining several concerns and issues relating to a very hot topic of debate: industrial wind turbines on the Nor’Westers. They have asked very specific questions directed at the local … Continue reading
More cracks beginning to show Simcoe – Locally, provincially and internationally, it seems the McGuinty government’s unaffordable, unaccountable green energy program is falling apart on all fronts. This week, the local branch of Wind Concerns Ontario has announced plans to … Continue reading
‘Get out’ By Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com Wyatt Bannon speaks against the Horizon Wind Inc wind park project at the Fort William First Nation Community Centre on May 30, 2011. Fort William First Nation members say they want … Continue reading
Consultation Needed By Jamie Smith, tbnewswatch.com A proposed wind farm will encroach on traditional hunting grounds members of Fort William First Nation say. Chief Peter Collins, councillors and members of Fort William First Nation were among over 170 people attending … Continue reading
While I read all of the comments on the TBNewsWatch website, there seems to be people who consistently state we are always contradicting ourselves. Our policy is, the core group, myself included, generally refrain from making comments on these websites. … Continue reading