Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- After legal challenge, Maine utility regulators again OK $333 million partnership between Emera, First WindThe Maine Public Utilities Commission voted 2-1 Tuesday to allow Emera Maine’s parent company to invest $333 million through a joint venture with wind farm developer First Wind, a deal that was sent back to the commission for further review after a Maine Supreme Judicial Court decision.
- Turkish court stops wind farm project, saves ‘Auntie’ Remziye’s olive groveTurkey’s Council of State has ordered a stay of execution for the government’s decision to “urgently expropriate” an olive grove in western Turkey in order to build a wind farm power plant, marking a legal victory for the plot’s 80-year-old owner, “Auntie” Remziye Saatli.
- Investigation launched into hydraulic oil leaks at Ocotillo Wind Facility Residents have documented oil leaks at over 40% of all turbines on the project. “We [Department of Toxic Substances Control with the California Environmental Protection Agency ] have directed OWE to remove the contamination containing used oil and handle it as hazardous waste. We also asked OWE for an explanation as to why the oil is being released, and to r […]
- Five years on, a landmark project generates power and frustrationAre they [wind turbines] a national model for community-based, renewable energy development? Or are the towers on Vinalhaven an emblem of wind energy’s shortcomings? Is this a cautionary tale of how turbine noise from a project built too close to homes continues to tear apart a community’s tranquility?
- Drought hinders state's emissions goalsAfter falling for years, California's greenhouse gas emissions rose 1.7 percent in 2012, pushed up by the drought and the closure of the San Onofre nuclear plant in San Diego County. The state has not yet released emissions data for 2013.
- After legal challenge, Maine utility regulators again OK $333 million partnership between Emera, First Wind
Category Archives: TBNewsWatch
Thursday August 22, 2013 6pm – 8pm Neebing Roadhouse EAT IN OR TAKE OUT BURGERS, SALADS AND DESSERTS Vegetarian Burgers Available Upon Request $20.00 per person $10.00 per child 10 & under Cash Only ATM Available, Gratuities Not Included Additional … Continue reading
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Thunder Bay Atikokan PC Canadidate Fred Gilbert has issued the following press release we’d like to share with the masses. For immediate release: September 26, 2011 Liberals Cancel Mississauga Power Plant. Maybe it’s Time For Liberals to Stop the Proposed … Continue reading
The Nor’wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee today held a Media Conference outlining several concerns and issues relating to a very hot topic of debate: industrial wind turbines on the Nor’Westers. They have asked very specific questions directed at the local … Continue reading
More cracks beginning to show Simcoe – Locally, provincially and internationally, it seems the McGuinty government’s unaffordable, unaccountable green energy program is falling apart on all fronts. This week, the local branch of Wind Concerns Ontario has announced plans to … Continue reading
‘Get out’ By Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com Wyatt Bannon speaks against the Horizon Wind Inc wind park project at the Fort William First Nation Community Centre on May 30, 2011. Fort William First Nation members say they want … Continue reading
Consultation Needed By Jamie Smith, tbnewswatch.com A proposed wind farm will encroach on traditional hunting grounds members of Fort William First Nation say. Chief Peter Collins, councillors and members of Fort William First Nation were among over 170 people attending … Continue reading
While I read all of the comments on the TBNewsWatch website, there seems to be people who consistently state we are always contradicting ourselves. Our policy is, the core group, myself included, generally refrain from making comments on these websites. … Continue reading
Ready to fight Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com click for original Opponents of Horizon Wind Inc.’s wind farm plans have a message for Ontario’s premier and the area’s two MPPs –no Liberals, no turbines. More than 200 people attended a Wind Concerns … Continue reading
Bioenergy better for economy than wind By Jeff Labine, tbnewswatch.com The Centre for Research and Innovation in the Bio-Economy and the Canadian Bio-Energy Association held a two-day conference at the Valhalla Inn on Tuesday. The workshop featured presentations on possible … Continue reading