Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- German wind turbine manufacturer Nordex tramples on the law in Turkey
- Danes pay more for electricity than they have to
- Engineer challenges ‘unfair’ planning procedure for Co Meath wind farm
- Negotiators near ‘extenders’ deal to preserve PTC through 2017
- Farmer fights to save land destined for massive wind farm
- Conservative groups reiterate call to end PTCThe PTC expired at the end of last year, but it is among several dozen tax breaks collectively known as “extenders”. With an estimated cost of $13 billion over a decade, it is the most expensive of about a dozen temporary energy incentives in the package.
- ICC grants Rock Island Clean Line conditional permission for powerline; Decision does not grant authority needed to request eminent domain.Issuance of a CPCN gives RICL the right to survey and engage in other pre-siting activities but landowners do not have to grant easements to RICL. The Illinois Farm Bureau® (IFB), the Illinois Landowners Alliance, ComEd and the ICC staff argued that the ICC should not grant RICL authority under Section 8-503 of the PUA directing and authorizing construction […]
- Wind lobby cites new poll in calling for PTC extensionThe poll only asked two questions about the PTC, which provides $23 for every megawatt-hour of electricity generated by wind and other qualified renewable sources. Respondents were not asked to evaluate details of the PTC, such as its cost to taxpayers or the economic activity it supports. A two-year extension of the credit would cost $13 billion, according […]
- Dan's Mountain Wind Force requests a third construction delayDan’s Mountain Wind Force LLC recently asked the Maryland Public Service Commission for a third construction delay for 19 wind turbines atop that prominent Allegany County ridgeline. Dan’s Mountain has also asked that a motion for the construction delay be put on the agenda for the earliest possible administrative meeting of the PSC.
- Project TerminatedThe changes follow outcry amongst some members of the local community against the project proposals. SOAR and FJM coordinated in opposition to the project holding a series of meetings intended to inform Mifflin and Huntingdon county residents about possible negative repercussions from the project.
- Conservative groups reiterate call to end PTC
Category Archives: TBNewsWatch
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Thursday August 22, 2013 6pm – 8pm Neebing Roadhouse EAT IN OR TAKE OUT BURGERS, SALADS AND DESSERTS Vegetarian Burgers Available Upon Request $20.00 per person $10.00 per child 10 & under Cash Only ATM Available, Gratuities Not Included Additional … Continue reading
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Thunder Bay Atikokan PC Canadidate Fred Gilbert has issued the following press release we’d like to share with the masses. For immediate release: September 26, 2011 Liberals Cancel Mississauga Power Plant. Maybe it’s Time For Liberals to Stop the Proposed … Continue reading
The Nor’wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee today held a Media Conference outlining several concerns and issues relating to a very hot topic of debate: industrial wind turbines on the Nor’Westers. They have asked very specific questions directed at the local … Continue reading
More cracks beginning to show Simcoe – Locally, provincially and internationally, it seems the McGuinty government’s unaffordable, unaccountable green energy program is falling apart on all fronts. This week, the local branch of Wind Concerns Ontario has announced plans to … Continue reading