Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Council to debate 1.7km distance for wind turbines from homes #IRL
- Thirsty for clean power, California taps winds in Mexico #CA #MEX
- Tableland wind farm given green light – with strict conditions #AUS
- Community Council object to California Wind Park #SCT
- Indiana wind power could get boost from new EPA rules #IN
- What's next for Michigan's energy transformation?Michigan may have already harvested its low-hanging fruit on renewable energy. Opportunities exist to greatly expand cleaner energy sources statewide, but they will come with more challenges.
- USU business professor hits back at Newsweek over wind power op-edThe kerfuffle began when an op-ed writted by Randy Simmons, an economics and finance professor for the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business ran in the April 11 edition of Newsweek after first being published by The Conversation, an international global publishing platform. ...Simmons has written a slew of columns over the years online and in various publicatio […]
- Germany’s On The Brink Of An Energy CrisisBut at the same time, the flood of solar and wind energy on the grid has caused wholesale electricity prices to collapse — all while retail rates have skyrocketed. But the collapse in wholesale prices are cutting into the profitability of coal and gas plant operators that don’t get the generous subsidies that green energy does.
- Dominion: Offshore wind turbines too expensiveDominion is putting the brakes on a plan to erect two test wind turbines off the coast of Virginia Beach because the project, as it stands now, is too expensive, according to the company. Dominion had estimated that building the two 500-foot turbines would cost about $230 million, but the only complete bid for the work came back at between $375 million and $ […]
- Huge Pwllheli wind turbine plan to be blockedA report to Gwynedd Council’s planning committee recommends refusing the application as officials believe erecting the turbine, would have a detrimental impact on the historic character of the landscape and on views across the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- What's next for Michigan's energy transformation?
Category Archives: NMEPC
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading