Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- Wind farm investment plunges with power prices in Nordic Region“The Swedish and Norwegian wind industry has been hit by a double whammy, as electricity prices are low and prices in the shared green certificate scheme have also been dropping due to oversupply,” Rooze said. “Too much wind has been built.”
- Turbine protests: Green Energy Act under fireSenator Bob Runicman wants to see a judicial enquiry into Ontario’s green energy act. The conservative senator was one of four speakers at a public roundtable to discuss the impact of controversial wind turbine projects in Prince Edward County. As Newswatch’s Morganne Campbell reports, the senator says it’s time people stop the green energy madness.
- Wind ordinance could use some explainingThe task of creating a new wind energy ordinance became taller Wednesday, when county planners got another redo of the draft from a Grand Rapids acoustics firm. It arrived about two minutes before their 7 p.m. meeting.
- Navitus Bay wind farm off Jurassic Coast set to be rejectedPlans for Britain’s most controversial offshore wind farm are set to be rejected amid fears it would jeopardise the UNESCO World Heritage Site status of the Jurassic Coast, the Telegraph understands.
- Renewables just a hood ornament on fossil fuel power systemNevertheless, the public remains mostly unaware of the degree to which the heavily subsidized or mandated renewable energy sources, including wind and solar, rely on fossil fuels. More than half the electric generation nominally credited to wind power is actually produced by fossil fuels, mostly natural gas.
- Wind farm investment plunges with power prices in Nordic Region
Category Archives: NMEPC
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading