Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Wind Turbine Damage Continues In Huron CountyPolice say those responsible trespassed onto the site and put debris into the hydraulic lines of a Spider Plow boring machine, causing thousands of dollar damage to the specialized equipment used for burying cables and high voltage lines. The vandals also attempted to damage other machines at the site by draining oil from the equipment.
- Wind turbine maker sacks 100 workers, blaming renewable policy uncertaintySteve Garner, general manager at Keppel Prince, said the cause of the redundancies was “purely and simply the RET and all the uncertainty about where it is heading.” “We need people to invest in windfarms before we can build them. Nobody is investing in windfarms and they won’t until there is a deal between the major parties,” Garner said.
- Appeals ‘no longer futile’ after village wins wind farm battleVillagers say a precedent has been set in the fight against wind farms in the East Riding after Communities Secretary Eric Pickles agreed there were too many turbines in the area.
- Maine’s high court upholds Passadumkeag wind project approval, confirms citizen board’s authorityMaine’s Supreme Judicial Court has allowed a 14-turbine wind farm on Passadumkeag Mountain to move ahead in a decision clarifying that the citizen-led Board of Environmental Protection has a broad power to review the decisions of state regulators.
- Panel hears pros, cons of wind energy incentives“There is no cap or control over the amount of wind development in Oklahoma and consequentially there is no cap or control over the amount of tax credits the state will become obligated for,” said Rick Mosier of the Oklahoma Property Rights Association. “They are a blank check which we can’t afford.”
- Wind Turbine Damage Continues In Huron County
Category Archives: NMEPC
The Ontario Power Authority has cancelled Horizon’s FIT contract basically cancelling the entire project! From TBNewswatch: A spokeswoman for the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection Committee says she’s ecstatic to learn it appears Horizon Wind Inc.’s planned turbine farm in Thunder … Continue reading
Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve Original article can be read here: LINK Nor’Wester Mountain Range and Loch Lomond Watershed Reserve – Blake Township, Neebing, ON – WIND TURBINES TRUMP CULTURE AND NATURE This pristine cultural and natural … Continue reading
Community Spring BBQ Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00 – 9:00 P.M. Neebing Roadhouse Eat In or Take-Out BURGERS, SALAD AND DESSERT Vegetarian Burgers available upon request $20.00 Per Person $10 per Child (10 and under) Cash Only ATM Available Gratuities … Continue reading
June 12th is election day in Ontario. A Town Hall Meeting with Thunder Bay-Atikokan Candidates has been scheduled for June 2nd, hosted by Fort William First Nation, Residents of Neebing Ward, Municipality of Neebing, and the Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment Protection … Continue reading
Sun News Network will air the television premiere of the documentary film DOWN WIND on Wednesday, June 4 at 8:00 p.m. ET and 11:00 p.m. ET. DOWN WIND is a tell-all film that deals head on with how Ontario politicians … Continue reading
There are two very special events coming up, and you are invited to attend. 1. All Candidates Town Hall Meeting The Provincial Election is on Thursday, June 12, 2014. The energy issue is paramount in this election: everything from cost … Continue reading