Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Germany’s On The Brink Of An Energy CrisisBut at the same time, the flood of solar and wind energy on the grid has caused wholesale electricity prices to collapse — all while retail rates have skyrocketed. But the collapse in wholesale prices are cutting into the profitability of coal and gas plant operators that don’t get the generous subsidies that green energy does.
- Dominion: Offshore wind turbines too expensiveDominion is putting the brakes on a plan to erect two test wind turbines off the coast of Virginia Beach because the project, as it stands now, is too expensive, according to the company. Dominion had estimated that building the two 500-foot turbines would cost about $230 million, but the only complete bid for the work came back at between $375 million and $ […]
- Huge Pwllheli wind turbine plan to be blockedA report to Gwynedd Council’s planning committee recommends refusing the application as officials believe erecting the turbine, would have a detrimental impact on the historic character of the landscape and on views across the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Gone with the wind? Despite commissioner’s claims, local jobs not cut due to moratorium — yetAre local businesses already making layoffs, following the county board’s recent move to prohibit new wind energy projects for up to six months? One county commissioner says so. But some businesses told the Tribune it hasn’t gotten to that point — yet.
- Mo. bill would prevent private transmission lines from using eminent domainThe legislation in the Missouri House of Representatives, H.B. 1027, would prevent any electric transmission project from using the power of eminent domain if, among other provisions, the line "is constructed entirely with private funds and users of the line pay for the transmission line." The sponsor of the legislation, state Rep. Jim Hansen, sai […]
- Germany’s On The Brink Of An Energy Crisis
Category Archives: Netnewsledger.com
THUNDER BAY – Editorial – The old growth Maple Forest on the Nor’Wester Mountains is facing a challenge. The Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment is the proposed site for a wind farm. Right now ‘tree trimming’ is underway. It appears more like … Continue reading
Those who support the Big Thunder Wind Park often say, what’s the big deal, they aren’t that big and you won’t even see them (according to Horizon we won’t) Well to help give you a better visual of what they … Continue reading
Horizon put out a newsletter recently claiming that they were going to being conducting tests and “tree trimming” even though the City of Thunder Bay’s lawyer in April 2011 upon settling the lawsuit with Horizon expressed to both Council and … Continue reading
Click the link below to watch the 2013 Pow Wow Live from the top of Mt. McKay! Live Stream courtesy of NetNewsLedger.com – Another great event! Fort William First Nation Pow Wow Live – Video Dailymotion.
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Ontario court allows lawsuits against wind company and landowners … just a matter of time Court Accepts 22% to 50% Loss of Property Values is Occurring Today; Court and Wind Company also Acknowledge Health and Noise Issues in Context of … Continue reading
This from our friends at NetNewsLedger.com Original Post can be seen here: http://wp.me/p1usZV-2ES By James Murray Bill Mauro – Update on Wind Farm on Nor’Wester Mountains THUNDER BAY – I want to begin by thanking all the members of the … Continue reading