Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Wind energy industry protests bird-kill fineOhio’s wind energy industry is balking at a largely ignored provision of a massive environmental bill overwhelmingly approved in the House this week, arguing it is designed to throw one more wrench into its turbines. ...The language would allow the state Department of Natural Resources to impose additional fees on wind farms based on the killing and injury, […]
- When too big is an issueThis sudden political wind shift has its roots in local citizen opposition based on concerns about noise, visual blight and environmental issues. It also springs from fears the state could usurp town authority ...But at the bottom of it all is a sense of unease over any project that seems, well, just way too big, too complicated or too difficult to control.
- Wind turbine at Eastern Kings Wind Farm no longer workingAn investigation is underway to figure out why one of the turbines at the Eastern Kings Wind Farm stopped working and who’s going to pay for the repairs.
- West's biggest wind farm is still breaking noise limits says reportThe Westcountry’s biggest onshore wind farm at Fullabrook in North Devon is still operating above permitted noise levels, the district council has said. ...North Devon District Council chief executive Mike Mansell gave operators ESB International a deadline of December 19 to detail how they will combat the issue.
- Wind ordinance revisions no easy taskThe work teams have been studying areas of the ordinance dealing with property values, decommissioning, noise and shadow flicker, and setback requirements. Darrell Cameron of rural Rankin chairs the Set-back work group. ‘’The set-back recommendation was 2,640 feet from the non-participating owner’s property line. And the group feels that will not stop any […]
- Wind energy industry protests bird-kill fine
Category Archives: Netnewsledger.com
THUNDER BAY – Editorial – The old growth Maple Forest on the Nor’Wester Mountains is facing a challenge. The Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment is the proposed site for a wind farm. Right now ‘tree trimming’ is underway. It appears more like … Continue reading
Those who support the Big Thunder Wind Park often say, what’s the big deal, they aren’t that big and you won’t even see them (according to Horizon we won’t) Well to help give you a better visual of what they … Continue reading
Horizon put out a newsletter recently claiming that they were going to being conducting tests and “tree trimming” even though the City of Thunder Bay’s lawyer in April 2011 upon settling the lawsuit with Horizon expressed to both Council and … Continue reading
Click the link below to watch the 2013 Pow Wow Live from the top of Mt. McKay! Live Stream courtesy of NetNewsLedger.com – Another great event! Fort William First Nation Pow Wow Live – Video Dailymotion.
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Ontario court allows lawsuits against wind company and landowners … just a matter of time Court Accepts 22% to 50% Loss of Property Values is Occurring Today; Court and Wind Company also Acknowledge Health and Noise Issues in Context of … Continue reading
This from our friends at NetNewsLedger.com Original Post can be seen here: http://wp.me/p1usZV-2ES By James Murray Bill Mauro – Update on Wind Farm on Nor’Wester Mountains THUNDER BAY – I want to begin by thanking all the members of the … Continue reading