Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Pacificorp Energy sentenced in Wyoming for killing protected birds at wind projects“PacifiCorp Energy built two of its Wyoming wind projects in a manner it knew would likely result in the deaths of eagles and other protected birds,” said Sam Hirsch, Acting Assistant Attorney General for the Justice Department’s Environment and Natural Resources Division. ...“Improperly sited and operated wind energy facilities can kill significant numbers […]
- Short U.S tax break extension poses problems for VestasWhile this meant the tax break would apply retroactively for all of 2014, the uncertainty in the months before the Senate approval had caused power producers to delay turbine purchases. The extension also offered no guarantee that the PTC would be renewed to cover 2015.
- Wind power getting the PTC extension it didn’t wantIf a phase-out deal is available, the industry might be smart to take it, Navigant’s Hamilton said. Hamilton said that the policy certainty would level out the rollercoaster that wind has long been on, as developers anticipate and react to PTC expirations and renewals.
- Poll shows Groton voters oppose new wind plants“We got a pretty strong response,” [planning board Chairman Steve] Spafford said. “We will likely add some wording on this for the master plan, and now we have something to tell the SEC when (EDP) files for this new project. According to our vote, the town is against more wind projects.”
- Supporters decry short tax break extension for wind industryA $41.6 billion package of tax breaks passed by the Senate Tuesday night extends controversial credits for the wind power industry, but only through the end of the year.
- Pacificorp Energy sentenced in Wyoming for killing protected birds at wind projects
Category Archives: Netnewsledger.com
THUNDER BAY – Editorial – The old growth Maple Forest on the Nor’Wester Mountains is facing a challenge. The Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment is the proposed site for a wind farm. Right now ‘tree trimming’ is underway. It appears more like … Continue reading
Those who support the Big Thunder Wind Park often say, what’s the big deal, they aren’t that big and you won’t even see them (according to Horizon we won’t) Well to help give you a better visual of what they … Continue reading
Horizon put out a newsletter recently claiming that they were going to being conducting tests and “tree trimming” even though the City of Thunder Bay’s lawyer in April 2011 upon settling the lawsuit with Horizon expressed to both Council and … Continue reading
Click the link below to watch the 2013 Pow Wow Live from the top of Mt. McKay! Live Stream courtesy of NetNewsLedger.com – Another great event! Fort William First Nation Pow Wow Live – Video Dailymotion.
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Ontario court allows lawsuits against wind company and landowners … just a matter of time Court Accepts 22% to 50% Loss of Property Values is Occurring Today; Court and Wind Company also Acknowledge Health and Noise Issues in Context of … Continue reading
This from our friends at NetNewsLedger.com Original Post can be seen here: http://wp.me/p1usZV-2ES By James Murray Bill Mauro – Update on Wind Farm on Nor’Wester Mountains THUNDER BAY – I want to begin by thanking all the members of the … Continue reading