Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- Deerfield Wind project opponents have their day in court
- Gifu police leak data to private company on local opposition to turbine project
- Community celebrates as windfarm battle is won
- Wind farm tax credits warrant deeper look
- Anti-windmill brochure prompts questions; Fire chief confirms potential fire danger of wind turbines
- Deerfield Wind challenge heard in federal courtThe nation’s second-largest wind power operator seeks to be the first to develop a utility-scale wind project on national forest land in the Green Mountain State.
- Lincoln County Commission hears argument against wind farmsAlmost every chair was full at the Lincoln County Commission meeting. Many of the people were wearing pins protesting wind farms. Minnesota Lawyer Dan Schleck says those citizens were concerned that the state has too much power with decisions about giving land to wind energy.
- Wind energy leaders say focus is overseas while U.S. market remains unstableThe production tax credits for renewable energy projects expired at the end of 2013 and haven't yet been renewed. The delay is causing more renewable energy developers to focus on international projects.
- Mikulski pushes to delay Somerset wind turbinesSen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md.), chair of the Senate Appropriations Committee, was among several lawmakers who last week suggested changes to the Senate version of the defense spending bill. Mikulski’s changes, if implemented would prevent the Navy from entering into an agreement with Pioneer Green until further study could be complete.
- After legal challenge, Maine utility regulators again OK $333 million partnership between Emera, First WindThe Maine Public Utilities Commission voted 2-1 Tuesday to allow Emera Maine’s parent company to invest $333 million through a joint venture with wind farm developer First Wind, a deal that was sent back to the commission for further review after a Maine Supreme Judicial Court decision.
- Deerfield Wind challenge heard in federal court
Category Archives: Netnewsledger.com
THUNDER BAY – Editorial – The old growth Maple Forest on the Nor’Wester Mountains is facing a challenge. The Nor’Wester Mountain Escarpment is the proposed site for a wind farm. Right now ‘tree trimming’ is underway. It appears more like … Continue reading
Those who support the Big Thunder Wind Park often say, what’s the big deal, they aren’t that big and you won’t even see them (according to Horizon we won’t) Well to help give you a better visual of what they … Continue reading
Horizon put out a newsletter recently claiming that they were going to being conducting tests and “tree trimming” even though the City of Thunder Bay’s lawyer in April 2011 upon settling the lawsuit with Horizon expressed to both Council and … Continue reading
Click the link below to watch the 2013 Pow Wow Live from the top of Mt. McKay! Live Stream courtesy of NetNewsLedger.com – Another great event! Fort William First Nation Pow Wow Live – Video Dailymotion.
The NMEPC would like to thank everyone for the great turn out at BBQ & Rally held on May 29th 2013! There are several great articles on the internet about the evenings festivities! NewsNetLedger has actually posted not only … Continue reading
Ontario court allows lawsuits against wind company and landowners … just a matter of time Court Accepts 22% to 50% Loss of Property Values is Occurring Today; Court and Wind Company also Acknowledge Health and Noise Issues in Context of … Continue reading
This from our friends at NetNewsLedger.com Original Post can be seen here: http://wp.me/p1usZV-2ES By James Murray Bill Mauro – Update on Wind Farm on Nor’Wester Mountains THUNDER BAY – I want to begin by thanking all the members of the … Continue reading
THUNDER BAY – At last night’s public meeting over the wind park, Videographer Alan Auld covered the event for NetNewsledger.com. Original Story can be seen on the NetNewsledger.com wesite here: http://netnewsledger.com/?p=7381 Both opponents and proponents of the project were on … Continue reading
Published on November 21, 2010 by James Murray http://netnewsledger.com (Side note: Come out and meet John Laforet on Thursday December 2, 2010 at the South Neebing Community Centre) THUNDER BAY – “Dalton McGuinty’s crass attempt to kill two birds with … Continue reading
Published on November 18, 2010 by James Murray http://netnewsledger.com THUNDER BAY – The McGuinty government introduced the Ontario Clean Energy Benefit (OCEB), which would provide a 10 per cent benefit to help consumers manage rising electricity prices for the next … Continue reading