The next scheduled open house, first for 2012 is scheduled to be held on Thursday February 2, 2012 at the usual location, South Neebing Community Centre at 7:00pm – 9:00pm. As always, the general public, both those in favor and against the project are invited to come out!
Search this site
Up Coming Events!NMEPC Monthly
South Neebing Community Centre
Held the 1st Thursday of every month
TIME: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Ontario Wind ResistanceCheck out Ontario Wind Resistance to see what others are saying about Wind Turbines in Ontario. See the links below
- Ontario embraces green ruin
- Mothers Against Wind Turbines meet with Chiarelli
- Wind blows from Port Elgin to Queen’s Park
- Same old Wynne Spin at IPC
- Apply for a grant from….Samsung/Pattern wind energy?
- Winslow family says no to wind turbines
- Two big events — APPEC / CCSAGE on Sep 21 and PECFN on Oct 5
- MPP Walker Tells Liberals “No Means No”
- Wind Turbine Escorts from Sudbury to Manitoulin Island
- PSC hears testimony on proposed wind farm"We're asking the Public Service Commission to give us some leeway in terms of siting 59 sites. Those would accommodate six different kinds of turbines so we haven't specified in our application which of those six we would use. We want to leave that up to the potential off-taker and more importantly, the guys that have the turbines that are in […]
- Duke Energy: Looking for Payback“Duncan’s wholesale attack on birds came out of the blue,” says David Yarnold, Audubon president and CEO. “Based on our sources and the documents we’ve seen, we see this as straight-up corporate payback. Duke has a history of stumbling into controversy, and it appears they’ve done it again.”
- DOWN WIND - Wind Farm documentaryDown Wind, produced by Surge Media, is the explosive documentary that examines Ontario's controversial rush into industrial wind farm development. The full, 1 hour 32 minute production is now available here via YouTube.
- Regulators scuttle $3B merger of Iberdrola, UIL HoldingsAddressing a list of public benefits that Iberdrola outlined later in the merger proceeding, regulators called many of them "polite gestures" but overall insignificant compared to the size of the merger. The "list of additional conditions, separately and in total, are too little and too late. They are unquantifiable, have assigned values of ze […]
- Real concerns about turbines left blowing in the windAfter receiving evidence from more than 500 people, the Senate inquiry, chaired by John Madigan, this month released an interim report recommending urgent steps to improve scientific knowledge about the health effects of wind turbines. This includes the creation of an independent expert scientific committee on industrial sound to provide research and advice […]
- PSC hears testimony on proposed wind farm